September 15, 2006

The Poll War has begun

Well, the rumor-mongering about supposed poll numbers is only starting, and it's certain to gather pace in the coming weeks. Reports that a Datanalisis poll started ten days after Rosales was annointed oppo establishment candidate showed him trailing Chavez by over 40 points were quickly followed by this "report" claiming a Gallup poll found Rosales 30 points ahead of Chavez in poor areas of the center of the country. Frankly, if Gallup is polling in Venezuela these days that is news to me. Sounds fishy to me, though...

By now, these little information wars fought through impossibly contrasting poll numbers are almost a tradition in Venezuela. I will do what I can to bring my readers as-reliable-as-manageable numbers as quickly as possible, but I'm only human so...