December 13, 2005

Is that fear I smell?

In my first ghost blogger collaboration in a long time, I thought I'd keep it short and sweet:

Is it just me, or has the abstention (admittedly as high as 75%, although final numbers have yet to be released) really scared chavismo shitless?

Hugo was nowhere to be found for a couple of days after the election, same as every time he is facing a reversal of fortune. Then he pops up in Montevideo for the Mercosur thing, and again BAAAM canceled "Aló Delincuente".

And then today, this?

Exactly how scared is he by what happened, and how far is he willing to go to discredit any hint of criticism? Weren't PSF's and chavistas everywhere using this same report Chávez is in arms about to prove how free and how fair elections were?

Silbando en la oscuridad para espantar el miedo, dicen por ahí, huyendo hacia adelante.